View Single Post
Old 07-24-2022, 02:43 PM
PumpkinSundae

Default Please be brutal :)

Hi. Several days ago I posted this picture of a wall hanging and mentioned that a lady asked me to finish it in some way that it was her grandma's piece. I tried to find a yellow similar but boy it was impossible. I got some great ideas from you all. I want to show you the original and then what I did and please tell me what you think. I am not an expert, and I did tell her that I could not find that yellow but what I used was a tad darker and I went ahead and added it keeping in mind that I could take it out and get it back to the way she gave it to me if need be. She said she liked the yellow and could I do the whole border like that. To be honest, I don't think I could handle that and I would be cutting into the quilted hearts not to mention taking off all of the points her grandma put in.

Before I answer her my question is does the one I did look bad? I will say that I showed it to my brother who didn't see the difference in the two yellows until I showed it to him. It looks a little less dark in person.

Thank you very much.

Attached Thumbnails sunbonnetsueyellow.jpg   sunbonnetsuel.jpg