View Single Post
Old 07-28-2022, 02:28 PM
MaryKa

I made a quilt once and when Momma said "it looks funny"; Grandma came over and looked at, then put it in the trash, saying "MaryKa won't never be any good at doing quilts. She can't get the squares to be squares!" Momma reminded her that it was my first pattern quilt. I sewed it together anyhow and it was very warm But I found out I had cut half of the block 1/4 inch larger and the other half 1/2 inch smaller. Momma just took all the pieces and sewed them together and made a beautiful crazy quilt. Then she told me never to tell Grandma that it was the bad cut pieces.

When Momma passed I just put all her fabric in her room and shut the door. I did not quilt for 3 years. Now I'm back to full steam with a semi slow engine. I'm taking more time doing less quilts but I think even Grandma would approve of my quilts coming together properly--most of the time.

I have one that I'm taking apart as I found I had messed up on a few blocks. Of course they are the blocks in the center of the quilt top. I couldn't have messed them up on the side OH NO it had to be in the Center of the California King that I will finish for my big Brother--sometime. :}