View Single Post
Old 08-05-2022, 08:20 AM
bkay

I'm not a very experienced quilter, so what I say may make no sense. What I would do is lay the fabric out and stare at it for a while - both pieces. Then I would map the quilt out on graph paper. They says they are 6 1/2 inch squares. So make each 1 inch equal 6 1/2 inches on your graph paper. I think I would get colored pencils and color code the squares as I figure out what goes there (maybe blue, pink and red). (You may have it figured out before you get this far.)

I would take my 6.5 inch ruler and use it to figure out which piece goes where. By placing the 6 1/2 inch ruler on top of the uncut fabric, you can figure out what the pieces are and where they go.

It appears to me that there are 2 pink flowers and 1 blue flower in each square. Then there are 2 blue flowers and one pink in the next block. Then the other fabric goes somewhere in the middle.If you graph it out on paper where each fussy cut square goes and which way it faces, you'll see how to cut the fabric.

At least I would try doing this before putting it back in the drawer.

I did this for a quilt that had more pieces that this but I just couldn't get the diagonal part and how the pieces went together. (The cutting wasn't an issue.) the graph paper worked for me.

bkay