View Single Post
Old 08-14-2022, 07:14 PM
MaryKa

Originally Posted by Darcyshannon View Post
I am getting ready for a major sewing studio redo. I know that I need to reduce my fabric volume as a part to make it more manageable and in tune with what I am making now. However, when I look at the unlikely fabric I still see possibilities.

Please share your process of getting rid of fabric from your stash and how it helps your creative process.

Thank you!!!!
Well, I save my water jug boxes and pack stuff I'm not looking to use very neatly in those boxes and even seal it with a strip of duck tape for "safe keeping".

Then it happened --last Thursday, I made that terrible trip to the Senior Center and found ... No Not fabric b-u-t Quilting magazines and I took all of them as the next day they were going to be tossed into the trash to never be seen again. I looked thru several of them at the Center and even found one with a froggie. Well the green satin had to come out of the box and so did the green almost velvet for the lily pads and the the brown hairy stuff for the cattails. So that's 7 boxes that are now all over my living room again. So my plan--might as well keep it in plain sight and no more duck tape because it rarely lasts 2 weeks before I have something I have to get out of the boxes and don't you know it is ALways in the last box in the last stack. I won't be buying any more tape and the stacking of the boxes Yeah I can still do that--maybe. Have great fun