Old 03-08-2010, 01:30 PM
sew cornie

Originally Posted by Nancy in Louisiana
My ideas -- maybe a two-color swap, or all star patterns, or all scrappy 9-patches, or all pinwheels on a neutral background. Or a scrappy applique flower on a neutral background -- one of the layered flowers that you sew on a quarter inch inside edges and let the edges go all fringey and ravelly (are those really words?) around the edges.
I love your ideas of scrappy 9P's or all pinwheels! I really like the flower suggestion too. Great ideas!! Doing a swap with everyone making the same type of block would be different from the other swaps that have been done recently. Honestly, I'm not a huge fan of sampler quilts, but did the choco/rasp and am doing this one because I like the color combos so much. I'd really love one that's like what Nancy's suggested - a scrappy of same/similar blocks.

Other ideas: 1930's prints or batiks.

FYI: for those of you newer to the board, in the past nine months or so, there have been block swaps in the following color schemes: black/white, blue/yellow, chocolate/raspberry, lavender/pink/green, now red/white/blue.