View Single Post
Old 08-23-2022, 03:10 PM
toogie

Default Michelle’s prayer quilt

Hi Quilters, I just finished binding this prayer quilt my daughter wanted for her friend Michelle. She has breast cancer and her surgery is next week. Michelle’s favorite color is purple so my daughter picked up about 9 or 10 different fabrics. She said just do squares because in a hurry so these finish at 4 inches. The prayer quilts we usually make are more lap size but I made this one longer, so she can tuck it around her shoulders and feet during chemo. I know patients get so cold. I also made her a pillowcase to match as I had enough fabric left. If you’re not familiar with the prayer quilts they are held together by tying with 6 stand floss. For every tie, someone offers up a prayer and ties a few knots in the tie. I told my daughter after they’re all tied I re-check each knot to be sure they’re secure and then clip the tails off so you don’t have all those strings hanging.
Have a nice night or day, wherever you may be. If you can remember say a prayer for Michelle. Thanks Toogie
Attached Thumbnails f3ab0093-6be1-4937-9c60-698de16fb316.jpeg   bc401e55-fa23-49e7-aa40-45edc23cbdbc.jpeg