Old 08-28-2022, 12:23 PM
sewbizgirl
Power Poster

Hi Everyone,
I thought while we were waiting for the swap to begin we might introduce ourselves and share a little about our quilting. (OPTIONAL!) Most of us have been swapping for years, but it's still fun to do this. We learn a little bit more about each other... Remember the year that we shared our wedding pictures here? Wasn't that fun? You can share whatever you like about yourself, including pictures. In fact, pictures would be great!

I'll go first:

I'm Sewbizgirl from Mississippi. This is the first Boom swap I have hosted, but I've been participating in them since Boom 17. One Boom and I was hooked!
My home contains lots of Boom quilts, and I've also used the blocks to make beautiful donation quilts for children and adults going through organ transplant and sometimes chemo. Five years ago I bought a Juki sit-down longarm at the Paducah AQS show, and have been learning to quilt my own quilts since then.
I am married and have three grown children. Two of these have given us the most wonderful grandkids anyone could hope for. We have a pair of three year old girls (cousins, not twins) and one sweet little boy. Another little boy waits and grows in his momma's tummy until next January when he's set to make his debut! So... two of each. Since the GKs came along, I share my quilting time with making clothes and toys for them. And quilts, of course. It's my joy.
I love to be able to reach out to people I will never meet, with a donation quilt. The majority of the quilts I make are for donation or gifts.
Last year we bought a second home in Memphis TN with our unmarried son. He lives there full time and we go visit several times a year to be able to spend time with our granddaughter. I am making a "houses" quilt to give as a gift for our realtor who helped me buy the house.
Attached Thumbnails img_2067-1-.jpg   img_2024.jpg   peht6985.jpg