View Single Post
Old 08-30-2022, 12:32 PM
Gemm

Sounds like some great success stories there! Well done, quiltsfor, WMU and Irishrose!

I'm not making very much right now as life got extremely busy very suddenly, but I do have a "pull" of fabric out on the sewing table. Trying to figure out how to use a sample pack of fabric (why, oh why did I need to buy this? I do love the fabric but these small bits of very coordinated fabric don't always play nicely with the other stuff I have).

I have some nice purples and greens that tone in but they aren't really the "hydrangea blue" theme I was hoping for. There is also a rather weird mix of allover prints, large scale prints and solids in the sample pack so I need to figure out a way of placing the different "densities" of motifs. The largest pieces are about the size of a FQ - the smallest are about 4" x 8" (from my memory). If life calms down a bit I might try to sketch something out (not my strength) just to see what might work before I cut and regret or just toss it all back in a bin for another day.

One benefit of being crazy-busy? No time to go to the LQS or thrift stores or even browse for new fabric online so there's a good chance the fabric moratorium will continue for a little while here. Definitely still peeking at quilt ideas, though. :-)

Have a great week, everyone!