Old 08-31-2022, 05:45 AM
sewingpup

there are a lot of things you can add to the back to decrease the slippery sliding. I have bought a few kinds to use on my long arm rulers. some people find that paper medical tape works great too, and you can still see through it. Most of my rulers are the old Ominigrid rulers and a few of my friends say they have replaced them with creative grid or some other ruler. However, as they are working just fine for me, I didn't see any point in replacing them all. For me I tried both the rubber spots, and the sandpaper dots years ago and really did not like them as they gripped the fabric, and it was harder to adjust to the measuring line I wanted as the ruler stuck to the fabric. The Omnigrid rulers do have a bit of a raised surface where the lines are and that makes them stick good enough for me. But I have added some of the tape stuff to the backs of some of my rulers. But, the best trick I have is to use my accuquilt cutter making sure the fabric is positioned so the lengthwise grain is straight going through the rollers, that is the best accuracy I get.