View Single Post
Old 09-02-2022, 07:20 AM
Irishrose2

I love the freshness of your quilt. WMUTeach. The cat is pretty, too. I recently went from being a strictly dog lover to being owned by three cats. It's different!

I pride myself on never making the same mistake twice - well, I did it. My baby quilt is planned for 25 blocks, so I cut enough fabric for 25 blocks. Uh, it's two different blocks so I need 12 of one and 13 of the other. I see two quilts in my near future, but I only know one person having a baby boy. The sad thing is I could have used the orange I wanted if I had known I only needed 12 blocks. I did the same thing at church several years making prayer quilts - that was 49 blocks. No big deal, we can always use more.
I may need to shop for fabric for backings as these two baby quilts will be gifts and I'm drawing a blank on what I have in my stash. My LQS has multiple totes of $4 a yard fabric. Hopefully, there will be something there. If not, some of Hobby Lobby's fabrics work well for backing. Does that fit in the moratorium? Yes, IMO, as long as I buy exactly what I need and use it the minute it comes out of the dryer.

Last edited by Irishrose2; 09-02-2022 at 07:22 AM.