View Single Post
Old 09-02-2022, 08:39 PM
Gemm

That's a great quilt, WMUTeach! I love the controlled scrappy look and the bright cohesion of your colour selections. Thanks also for the ideas for kitting out quilts-to-be. I still have that sprawl of fabrics on the sewing table, but might just package them up with a list of ideas/patterns for now as I need to step away from the machine and focus on some other things for a little bit. Always room and some time for dreams and ideas, though. :-)

I did have the chance to do a small project on impulse as a thank you gift: a couple of potholders/trivets. I didn't have any of the special heatproof batting but used a double layer of some leftovers I had and all fabrics came from my stash. I hadn't worked with a double layer of batting before and encountered a few challenges, but they worked out well and I'm pleased with them. I'm also glad to have discovered the "feel" of double-batting - it's not something I think I would want to use on a larger project, so I learned something useful as well.

WMUTeach, rryder, happylab quiltsfor, Irishrose - I applaud the intentionality and caution of your purchases, but am also sad to hear the news about yet more climate-related crises. Our world is suffering and those who work and live closest to the land suffer with it.

Yet another reason to be mindful of the fabric we purchase and to imbue it with meaning and purpose through our craft.

Attached Thumbnails img_7450.jpg