Thread: Donation quilts
View Single Post
Old 09-06-2022, 02:08 PM
fatsewcat

Default Donation quilts

Just because I wanted to help. The black and white one is going to a local Motorcycle club that raises money for children with cancer or families of riders who have passed. I used to work with a couple of its members and the boar skull is on the side of their club house so I decided I would make something using that skull. The guy I gave it to said someone in the club will probably end up with it but either way I hope it brings in some good money for the two kids they are raising money for this year. Their club patch has a tire on it with smoke coming out from behind (think burnout) it so I wanted to make sure I used black to represent the tire and then smoke fabric to bring in the other part of their logo. This kaleidoscope pattern worked great for that.

There are two of the red fireman panel quilts. Each being donated to different fire departments to help them with their upcoming fundraiser events. I was making one for a friend and when I realized I bought two panels, so I decided to make two and give the other to the firehouse that serves the area we live in. Nothing fancy or significant in this one other than quilting it with red thread to represent the thin red line.

The last is going to the firehouse where my cousin volunteers. The background was my original design the the skull quilt but I was asked to stick to club colors and the B9P just didn’t stand up well to black white and gray with large black appliqué over it so I turned it into this and my cousin loved it. I tried my hand for the second time with flames - all free handed and I must say they didn’t turn out too bad. I like the look but need a little more practice to get my direction down pat. lol

All 4 quilts have a cross quilted into them and a heart. My pray over my quilts and unknown recipients as I piece them and quilt them so it’s becoming my signature thing to do. Hoping they all do well this month. As always thanks for stopping by and taking a look at my latest creations. Now back to the next one I have already started.

Last edited by fatsewcat; 10-05-2022 at 09:00 AM.