Old 09-10-2022, 03:01 PM
ibex94

My fabric is all bundled, messaged, tagged and ready to get mailed on Monday. I have changed my mind about colors and goals. Everyone gets a different colored blender from my treasures found at the Goodwill outlet store. I did wash in hot water and scentless detergent. I have no fur babies in my house so no dander to affect allergies in these packages. Here is the majority of my message in the F8 baggies:

I have decided that this fabric is going to be part of a science/jungle-themed quilt for my ten-year old granddaughter. She is a scientist already and is not all interested in what I consider traditional “girly” things. She is an explorer, too, and her favorite color is jungle green. So, I am thinking that the joys of science and the jungle – lots of green with splashes of color from birds and flowers, critters and bugs high and low, vines, trees, flowing rivers, waterfalls, etc. If you need different inspiration, she is a soccer fanatic and Saints fan, too. So many possibilities! Sunbonnet Sue (in pith helmet, of course) climbing a pyramid in Guatemala is a block I am working on, for instance. Quilt blocks do not have to depict science/jungle/sports either.

I am sending a 12.5 x 18” sized fabric to everyone in case someone wants to do applique on a 12.5” block like what I am doing. I have no color limitations and however you want to use the fabric I am sending along is perfectly great. I know your block will be beautiful no matter how little or how much of the fabric you use.

As soon as I am happy with my Sunbonnet Sue block, I'll show it to you. Cheers everyone!
Attached Thumbnails boom-28-fabrics-ibex94.jpg  

Last edited by ibex94; 09-10-2022 at 03:06 PM.