Thread: Fish for CASA
View Single Post
Old 09-12-2022, 02:52 AM
copycat

Originally Posted by toogie View Post
I used the fish from the YouTube video Row by Row 2015 from Quilting Confections by Sew Very Easy. The measurements are a different. My blue water or background was cut (3) 2.5 inch and (2) 4.5 inch squares. The smaller ones have the fins and tail on and the larger ones are cut in half corner to corner giving you your 4 half squares to set the fish as a straight block. The fish are colored fabrics cut (3) 2.25 folded in half corner to corner and basted raw edge ,on the corner of a blue water. Then take the folded edge and turn it back to make a curve, stitching down before you sew your squares together. Mine square up at 6.5 and Jenny’s at 6.25
I have now watched Jenny Doans Summer School. Her fish only has the tail made like cathedral but it is still a great block, just each block a quarter inch smaller and the fins aren’t made cathedral.
I may try Jenny’s at some point. Thanks for alerting me to her video.
Many thanks for your explanation on how your fish blocks were made....I do see the difference now in your fish blocks and the summer school blocks. It is so interesting to see how blocks that look similar are constructed so differently. Its great to have options. Happy Quilting!