Thread: Boom 28 Holly
View Single Post
Old 09-14-2022, 01:12 PM
travelinggramma

Reba - modern - looks like it may have some circles and ovals in its future!

So let me tell you about the town I am in. Monroe NH has less than 800 residents! And when I went to the post office to mail the package - well the hours were a bit strange. 8am-930am and 330 to 5pm. So of course it was around noon. So I cross the river to VT and the first PO is also closed and went to next town and Yahoo - found a human being!!

Now the Library is cute. It does have one book with quilt patterns - the Dear Jane Book! They are not computerized and have only a paper trail and system. Thus my written library "card" has my number of 527. So I am the 527th person to have a Monroe library card. If you want a book from the NH system, you need to call and request one from the library who will find out if they have one, and where it is, and then she calls and requests it. (or email!!)
And then you wait! I did request three books of paper piecing blocks - so I will see what comes in.

The life of small town America. Everyone is super friendly and helpful - but I haven't found a quilter yet.