View Single Post
Old 09-17-2022, 04:44 PM
TypewriterMice

Talking

Okay so for everyone who commented I SO APPRECIATE IT!! so you were all right to read the notes . They made me feel a lot better and a little sad same time . I got stars for excellence or marked as ++ (next highest) in EVERY category on the judge sheet.No negative marks. None even marked as needs improvement. Only critiques was the judge thought I should have quilted a bit more in the background areas (I agree- I skipped some areas to not take away from the face but from far away it wouldn’t t have. Gonna add that ) And also she said shed prefer if I had quilted in contrast thread (not the look I wanted, can see why she would just not my style) So WOW! That’s nice!!!

So now I guess I was passed over and not recognized publicly, just for being different. Which is sad in a way- like she could write it on the private notes but it would offend people out loud or something? The judge even complimented the 3D elements, design, choice of fabrics, and especially the face on my sheet. I find it hard to believe I didn’t get any negative marks out of the 13 point rubric, and not even a “merit” recognition which were given to so many people in each category. Also I found out this was a “pro” judge in case anyone wa wondering
@EIQuilter @quiltsfor @greensleeves @cashs_mom @Onebyone @Three Dog Night @toogie
gonna add some small fixes - THEN SEE YOU AT AQS, fingers crossed !!!! Thanks everybody. You helped me so much. I wouldn’t have picked up the notes without you.