View Single Post
Old 09-24-2022, 04:43 PM
Kelsie

I thank you for your input and the good news is that the hand wheel is now turning freely. I am not quite there yet as my thread is breaking when I tried to stitch. i just started taking things apart. I think the most important thing I found was the feed dog plate was very loose and wobbly. There were no threads inside just a bit of exterior fluff. I am so glad I bought the big Maintenance Handbook from the FW Shop as their instructions are very clear with detailed pictures and there is a trouble shooting section. I think the needle hit the feed dog plate but I don’t understand the tightness on only part of the hand wheel but I have reoiled and greased everything. I am going to try a different needle but DH is sleeping so can’t access them at the moment. One other thing I noticed is that the hole in the needle throat plate is very irregular so over this machines 75 years a lot of needles have damaged it. I do think I have fixed it though.

I found a little file and filed around the throat plate hole and I have now stitched 15” so I think it is all good. Thanks for all the help and suggestions. This is the first time I have done something like this. I am so glad that I did not have to take it into a shop.

Last edited by Kelsie; 09-24-2022 at 04:47 PM.