Old 11-01-2022, 04:12 PM
origamigoldfish

Thank you for hosting! This will be my fourth BH mystery. I love and use all three I have already completed...I may make quilts just to give away, but I make Bonnie's mystery quilts for me! The colors this year are right up my alley, because they're actually very close to the colors that inspired my bedroom's color scheme. Shades of orange, purple, and off white, only with green instead of aqua. I'm a bit strange though, orange is my favorite color! My walls have faded with time into something a bit more neutral, but when the paint was fresh, turning a light on in that room made it glow like a sunset.

I'm doing something different for me this year,and using just a single fabric for each color. I've used kits, fat quarters, and random yardage before to give it a scrappier feel and worried about how busy the end result would be the whole mystery! This time I'm keeping things simple, less to cut, less figuring to decide how long to use which fabric to get it scattered throughout the whole quilt, less scraps to keep track of....and less fabric to go searching for if I happen to run out of something.

I bought ombre fabric for all of my colors, all from the same line. I'm hoping the gradual shading of the fabric will add some movement and variation to my quilt without punching me in the face with all the business.

Good luck all!