View Single Post
Old 11-02-2022, 10:42 AM
quiltsfor

Note: I do quilt as you go, so if you do a full quilt top you would do #5 between #2 and #3.

I'm making 2 quilts right now for family members and they are the same pattern, just different color/fabric design. It goes fast because I'm not having to rethink everything for the second quilt - because of doing one right after the other on each step.

I did it like this:

I complete each step for both - first for one quilt and then repeat for the 2nd quilt - before moving to the next step

1. Cut all the fabric/backing/batting/ for both - including sashing/binding (keep in separate containers/piles - with pieces labled)

2. Assembled cut pieces into blocks

3. Sandwiched blocks/borders for both quilts - (note I do quilt as you go - so each block gets sandwiched as well as borders)

4. Quilted each block/border

5. Assembled blocks/borders into rows (across and down)

6. Sewed binding on
I will be making an additional 4 quilts of a different pattern than the one above, all four will be the same pattern, different colors/fabric design. I'll do the same with these 4 as I did with the first two above.

Last edited by quiltsfor; 11-02-2022 at 10:44 AM.