View Single Post
Old 11-10-2022, 07:07 PM
Gemm

Congratulations on your organization progress, Stitches23! That sounds quite cathartic :-) I'm curious - do these boxes contain pieces of all sizes or is this a scrap organization system? If it's for larger pieces as well, do you sub-sort your boxes and if so, how?

My fabric remains quite disorganized in general, but I went with small boxes of colour for my scraps this year and while I haven't yet managed to make great use of those scraps, I've enjoyed the two-part satisfaction of a) having a proper place to put my small bits of fabric and b) knowing where to start looking when I want or need fabric of a certain colour. I would like to do the same for my larger pieces as well one day. I did see another system that sorts scraps more by tone and if I ever get a space and stash that is large enough, I could see myself having two boxes for each colour - one for those that would go better with a creamy neutral and one that would blend better with a purer white.

So nice to dream about being organized when the reality is hard to achieve! Love that I can live the dream vicariously here, too. :-)