Old 11-15-2022, 10:39 AM
Arjay

Default Have also been iso this recipe for years

Originally Posted by teacherbailey View Post
One of my favorite recipes to make while growing up was (on a magazine clipping of a) Hunt's tomato sauce chili recipe. Very basic, I remember ground beef, a big can of tomato sauce, chopped onion, kidney beans and some chili powder. Maybe a couple more ingredients but not many! It was one of the first dinners that I learned to make as a young cook. Mom's recipe wasn't attached to anything and somehow got lost as we moved stuff out of her house after her death. If anybody has this recipe, I would love to have it to share with my own children and grandchildren!

If you have made this, it is a very thick chili with gentle spiciness.....great for kids.....

Thanks for reading this! Hope somebody finds this beloved recipe.

Terri
That recipe was my favorite and unfortunately I lost the original Hunts recipe? Titled, Chili for the Crowd was a great chili you can enjoy, and spice up more if you like. I’ve been in search for that recipe a number of times over past 30 years to no avail. I recall, 1 large can of red and white kidney beans, 1 large can Hunts tomato sauce, 1-2 chopped onions, 2-3 tablespoons chili powder, other seasonings to taste, and of course, fresh cheese for topping! I am not sure if the recipe called for sour cream, but I would add a couple of dollops of it. Can’t remember if that was all ingredients, but best I can recall. Terri, thanks for sharing your post!