View Single Post
Old 03-09-2010, 03:04 AM
mosaicthinking

Hello everyone. I've been waiting until I had something to show you before I introduce myself. I'm a new quilter and have just completed my first big quilt top (big by my standards, anyway.)

I have previously made a nine patch cot quilt which I stitched in the ditch. That was my first, and it was imperfect in many ways, but will still be good enough for the little guy who's going to receive it as a gift later this year.

My next quilt top was for a square in a square quilt with floral centres which I'm about to have professionally quilted. That will be a new experience for me. As I go I'm blogging about my experiences at http://quiltthinking.wordpress.com and that's been a fun learning experience.

Then there's this one, a four patch star quilt top which I finished last night. I'm pretty proud of this one, but still have a lot to learn. I look forward to learning from all of you. One of you posted a picture of a yellow and black carpenter's star a while back and that has been a great source of inspiration. A carpenter's star will most likely be my next project, or maybe the one after that.

Four Patch Star Quilt Top
[ATTACH=CONFIG]2296[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-2296.jpe