View Single Post
Old 11-24-2022, 03:55 AM
WMUTeach

I am very fortunate that my family has a grand and deep respect for quilts. I am making a quilt for each member of the family. I started with new babies as they arrived and am now about half way through the adults. It is a bit of a tradition to discover who gets a quilt each Christmas. Each quilt comes with a brief conversation that is generally about the fact that I made this item to be used, so use it. Wash it as needed. If it needs a repair it comes with a life time, my life time, guarantee. If it becomes the toddler lovey or drag along quilt, I will replace it with a twin sized quilt at an appropriate time, but most of all it is for warmth, snuggling and comfort. Enjoy it. So far, 20 years, none have come back for repair! I do need to pick up the pace because the recipient of the first baby quilt I made will be graduating from high school this year and that means a new quilt for sure!

I also donate to Project Linus. Like others have mentioned, those as given with no expectations. They are given as a small ministry to children and adolescents who need something of their own in a difficult time.

Last edited by WMUTeach; 11-24-2022 at 03:58 AM.