Thread: Labor of Love
View Single Post
Old 12-07-2022, 04:29 PM
toogie

Default Labor of Love

We have all been given or ask, at one time or other, items we would rather not fool with. I have one now. There is no question about doing it, so I am bringing my thoughts to you.
My grandson Dalton was given a quilt top, by his other grandmother, that his great-grandmother pieced. ( see why I can’t not do) Anyway it needs quilting. There are two problems I foresee. The first being some 14 squares need to be re-placed because have holes ( maybe moth eaten?). The top or flimsy is MOSTLY double knit. (I cringe) I can do that. Second problem is the actual quilting. I’m afraid if I quilt on my manuel quilter I will get skipped stitches as I’m sure I don’t have any ball point needles. What do you think? I could try to quilt with a ball point on my regular small harp machine but would be bulky because quilt is about 80 inches square or so. I didn’t want to tie it but if worse comes to worse…. Tell me your thoughts how you would go about it. Please don’t say you wouldn’t even try. As I said before, it is a labor of love with NO not an option.
I tried to upload my picture and even though it accepts it when I preview it says Error. Maybe later.

Attached Thumbnails 0645ccaf-fce6-4eda-bdf7-d5625bbda5ce.jpeg   8d7b5582-87b2-4daf-8495-40da3704613f.jpeg