View Single Post
Old 12-08-2022, 06:23 AM
Snooze2978

I nuked mine in the microwave. I have a special microwave dish I picked up from the thrift shop no less, actually 2 of them. One is square and one is rectangle but I like to use the square one best. I cut the bacon down the middle first. I placed double thickness of paper towels under each layer of bacon, one layer of bacon over the next layer. The paper towels absorbs most of the grease that comes off the bacon as it cooks. I set my new microwave at 9 minutes, let it rest a couple minutes. Check to see if any bacon is cooked enough to be removed, which normally none are. Then I cook it for 7 minutes. With my new microwave I've found this works best. I peel the bacon from the paper towels right away so they don't start to stick to it and place it on actually the top layer of paper towels that had been on the top of it all keeping it from splattering grease all over the microwave. No clean up, no fuss, no muss. I cook a pound of bacon at a time, place it into a tupperware long rectangle container and when I want some, I just nuke it for a minute to heat it up.

Yes, my old microwave was killed while nuking bacon about 4 months ago but it was also 15 years old too so I figure it was time to replace it.

Yes, there might be a pool of grease on the bottom of your dish you use so be careful and it will be very hot also. This dish I use is a special dish especially for the microwave as it has some sort of browning abilitity. I've tried cooking bacon in the oven which is very messy to me as well as on the stove. As I mentioned, the paper towels between each layer of bacon absorbs most of the grease plus you place one over the top of the last layer of bacon to keep it from splattering. My bacon is basically greaseless, crisp and perfect size for BLT cut in half. It does not shrink much at all for me.