Old 12-12-2022, 06:56 AM
Rebaquilts

Originally Posted by joe'smom View Post
Here are my cut (making lap size) C fabrics. On the left is the original dark I was considering, which would be used for both B and E (border). On the right are the fabrics I showed previously for D and E. My thinking then was that the blue dark would be too subdued, but now I'm thinking maybe something more subdued would serve to better showcase the C fabrics than something more distinctive like the pasture scene. Any thoughts would be welcome. The cream on the left could be used either for A or for D, and the lighter cream on the right could serve for either A or D also. Do you have any thoughts on which would be better for which, or if they are too plain or too similar to each other?
I understand that the outside cream will be the first outer border, and I like the left cream for that next to the blue outer border, with the lighter cream on the right nearer the Cs. And I really like your blue, it is a good pattern, not too much, not too little, and yes, it does showcase the fabrics just as you mentioned I agree. I found my fabrics but I wanted a lap not crib size, my layer cake doesn't have more than about 48 rectangles because the other fabrics are no-nothings and won't work. I got the color wheel out and that made quick work of the selection. I won't be using triad, instead I'll be using opposites on the wheel.