View Single Post
Old 12-17-2022, 10:08 AM
tallchick

Default Monterrey Medallion Challenge Version

Last Christmas I made this quilt pattern in a Queen size for my neighbors. The wife quickly responded that it was hers and hers alone and that her hubby was SOL. Then the hints started coming my way, make her husband a quilt, it doesn’t need to be as nice as mine, it doesn’t need to be as big as mine etc. . I explained to her that it takes weeks to make a quilt and that fabric is really expensive, and basically went over everything involved. I thought finally, that was the end. In August there was a major life changing incident and while we are still adjusting, we still have a ways to go. In September she calls (yes she was aware of what happened in August) and asks if there is any way I could make her husband a quilt by Christmas.
I am equally peeved at the audacity and honored & humbled that they appreciate my work. I love them, so at the end of the day I know my quilts will be cherished and cared for. I am glad this is done!

Twin 73 x 90
Reproduction Fabrics
Backing- Legacy Muslin
Warm & Natural Batting
Attached Thumbnails 42f5f99c-3078-4aac-a665-cf2cf6b10ba7.jpeg   f5110f94-54ae-4eb0-8aad-8114aee53cc1.jpeg