Thread: Boom 28 Holly
View Single Post
Old 12-22-2022, 12:36 PM
ibex94

And now for the last of my bits of art. When you get your blocks I hope you can feel the joy that I felt while I got my creativity on! I tried new blocks patterns. I used favorite block patterns. I made mistakes in my cutting that I caught long after the fact and so had to improvise. All in all, I am very happy with my explorations on your fabrics. I planned the blocks when I first got the fabric but didn't get to work on them beyond pulling patterns and fabrics until this month. It was a nail biter for me to make sure they got done and mailed to Sewbizgirl on time. But it happened! Thank you all for the entertainment all semester long! This board lends itself well to peace and relaxation in chaotic lives. Thank you, all!

Apron Strings for Have4boys came from one of the Quiltmaker's 100 block magazines. I love how gorgeous it played up that fabric!

Churn Dash for Logcabin82. I hope it is nice and bright for you! This fabric was the one I struggled to find the ideal pattern to show it off. I am glad I remembered Churn Dash blocks because it worked! I dug out the measurements from Quilter's Cache.

Lady of the Lake variation for Rebaquilts. The pattern came from the Fat Quarter Shop. I do love your folk in space fabric! Coming up with "modern" was a tough one for me, like it was for others. But how I loved thinking about it.

Twelve Triangles for mjpEncintas came from a pattern in Quilter's Cache. I didn't do any applique this time but I seriously wanted to give you a bird on creme to match the birds in your fabric. Alas, my artistic abilities do not extend into creating such forms but I will keep on working on it! One day maybe applique will be second nature for me. In the meantime, this block should blend in well with your quilt.

Attached Thumbnails apron-strings-have4boys.jpg   churn-dash-logcabin82.jpg   lady-lake-rebaquilts.jpg   twelve-triangles-mjpencintas.jpg