View Single Post
Old 04-25-2008, 06:53 AM
ready2quilt

Oh how fun. A new area to organize and create from. Since it will be so large, can I assume you won't be moving it around much? It reminds me of our old cutting tables at work. Trouble was it left alot of "dead" space underneath. I like to have everything within reach, no matter how impossible that sounds.

So, if your needs dictate, how about some sort of shelving underneath to hold your books, magazines, patterns, misc. papers, fabric storage, which could be hidden behind cabinet doors that run the length of table, however deep you make them, and however you might position them on the other side. Or maybe on one end put drawers to hold scissors, pins, rotary cutters, blades, just any notions that you have.

I bought this really neat pattern to make a thread holder from fabric to hang on the wall. At one point I was using the June Taylor wood spool racks, but they took up too much table space. I have a plastic fold out carrier I got from JoAnn's that works nicely but I loved the idea of displaying it in a wall hanger as I have the wall space to utilize.

In any case, keep us all posted on the progress and design!