Thread: Quilting QOV
View Single Post
Old 12-23-2022, 09:56 AM
petthefabric

MaryKa. I remember Viet Nam. My brother, fiancé, cousin, school mates, etc. were in that first draft for that greedy “conflict”. There was no humanitarian reason for USA to be involved. But the Greatest Generation, sent their our sons to be slaughtered in that “conflict”. My generation was highly criticized for demonstrating against to that “conflict”. And they weren’t even WAR veterans. Returning, the nation rejected the veterans, rarely did people great them. They certainly weren’t heroes. To this day, people I’ve asked won’t talk about it. ‘PTSD’ hadn’t been defined, but many sons were mentally destroyed and were rejected from any mental care. Viet Nam was a disgrace that still is swept under the rug, thanks to you, the greedy Greatest Generation”.

Our hometown created a highway billboard to “The Greatest Generation” when my brave friends and peers were dead, maimed, prisoners, POW/MIA, mental wrecks and recluses with poor to no assistance from Good Ole Sam because of that GREEDY “conflict”.

Last edited by petthefabric; 12-23-2022 at 10:03 AM.