View Single Post
Old 12-24-2022, 06:38 AM
great white

Originally Posted by 1.41 View Post
On a slightly different topic, I would love to know the procedure to dismantle the bottom of the machine. I've been wanting to do that with mine, but the procedure is not obvious to me.
Going back together:

It was stripped to the bare frame, I've got the main shaft re-installed in that pic.

For paint I'll just custom mix the touch-ups myself and make a couple passes with the airbrush.

Sorry, can't help much with a "procedure". I'm one of those guys who looks at a machine and just knows how to assemble it. You could put a bucket of parts in front of me, not tell me what it was and I'd put it together. Machines just make sense to me, like languages do to some others.

That being said, the service manual is still invaluable. So are the parts list/diagrams.they don't tell you how to 'step by step assemble it", but it gives you critical alignment and clearance specs. The rest you just have to figure out (ie: basic mechanical skills) or have taken a lot of pictures and labeled everything.

Reassembling the bight was a treat. Doable, but the mind that created it must have been on LSD or something.....

Last edited by great white; 12-24-2022 at 06:49 AM.