View Single Post
Old 12-28-2022, 07:58 PM
great white

Originally Posted by bkay View Post
I want to say thank you for sharing that. I've worked with children like that.......they can just see how it goes together. (I used to volunteer at school for the talented and gifted class.) The child I remember most was very gifted. I told the teacher to let her do something (can't remember what).."she can just "see" how it goes together". Unfortunately, the child didn't qualify for the T&G school, as she had severe dyslexia. These are gifted children. They need to be recognized and nurtured to their full potential.
bkay
my wife is like that with math. I’m no slouch (retired engineer), but she can just look at a problem and know the answer and it drives me crazy that it just comes to her so naturally. Oddly enough, she is also mildly dyslexic.

I can come to the same answer, but need to follow the formulas I learned in university and have to lay out my work on paper for every step or I’m just not going to get there. Solving complex math problems in my head like she does just isn’t going to happen.It’s like she pulls the answers out of thin air sometimes.

She’s tried to explain how she does it to me and I can follow some of it, but the rest of how she does it might as well be black magic as far as I’m concerned.

We’re all the same basic human species, but I guess we’re all just “wired” a little bit differently. It doesn’t make anyone “more” or “less” than the next guy, just different.,.

Last edited by great white; 12-28-2022 at 08:06 PM.