Thread: Boom 28 Holly
View Single Post
Old 12-29-2022, 04:13 AM
Lstew2212

Originally Posted by ibex94 View Post
TG -- gorgeous machine! What a great Christmas present!!

Here is some eye candy to help get you all ready for the delivery of our BOOM blocks. Wrapping up BOOM blocks while the holiday is hitting seems to be my holiday tradition. All of yours sound much better!

Quiltblocks magazine puts out some fun blocks to play with. I tried the Rick Rack Row(#679) with Klaws' beautiful fabric. This was one of those take a beautiful piece of fabric and cut it up into tiny pieces to try to make an even prettier piece of fabric type experiment for me.

Janice McC loves stars but when her fabric is part of the star, not much gets to be used so I opted to make her fabric the back of the star and found a really fun star, Tumbler Star #194, to work with.

I loved it so much for the directional print and how it allowed me to keep the garden intact that I decided that TravelingGramma needed the same treatment with her beautiful leaves that shimmer in gold and blue. As this is the Christmas season, stars seem a good choice.

Petthefabric allowed me to pull out my fabrics to find the right shade variations for her key fabric. I have a bucket list quilt (Malaga) that I got the idea from and played with the numbers and came up with this beauty.

And Marcialee gets a variation of Rings in Motion (Quilter's Cache), an attempt to paper piece something new on my part. My nephew, the artist, saw this block and fell in love with it. He thinks your fabric may glow under UV light, lol.

More tomorrow. I am going to slowly unveil just cause I know you all need something new to look at when you pop into the forum.

Great blocks, Ibex