View Single Post
Old 12-31-2022, 04:48 AM
WMUTeach

Gemm, I will be here for years and years of moratorium participation. My stash has been diminishing but I keep getting "donations" from quilters who can no longer quilt or who have passed away. The new choices are forcing creativity on my part but really my friends need to STOP GIVING FABRIC.(I also count it as a blessing. I have glorious fabric that I did not pay for.) I actually turned some away the other day, I rewarded myself with a big happy sigh and a pat on the back.

For that past six months I have been keeping a fabric IN, fabric Out chart. No big details and rounded/estimated numbers all the way. I find it encouraging to see over time how much is disappearing.. Now that I have done this for a few months is is easy, peasy. I measure my finished quilts, and divide that number by 1440 (square inches in a yard of fabric) I then multiply it by two because I have a top and back and that number goes in my little quilting journal. So far this year, I am to the positive. Hoping to do keep my fabric OUT higher than my fabric IN for a second year.