Thread: Thread storage
View Single Post
Old 12-31-2022, 03:57 PM
quiltingcandy

I have the Alex 6-drawer unit from IKEA. It's on casters so moves easily. It is only 26 inches high and 26 inches wide, 16 inches deep. In it I use their bamboo drawer organizers. When I bought them they were called Variera, but I don't think they make them under that name anymore. It was kind of funny, I was carrying the various drawer organizers over to the unit to see how they fit and I even brought some spools of thread to make sure they would fit. Another customer was looking at it for his art supplies and went to get some organizers when he saw how they fit. I saw the unit in another post many years ago and they put posts in to keep the thread organized. But I wanted my thread on it's side so I could see it better. The top 4 drawers has my thread and the last 2 are deeper so I use them for supplies. I do have a plastic thread holder/carrier from Joann's that I use for smaller spools and also for traveling. My friend and I get together a couple times a year to have our personal retreats.