View Single Post
Old 01-01-2023, 02:46 PM
Judith1005

I love organizing. If it is not in it's place, I cannot find it. I'm horrible at wasting time looking for something that should be in it's place. It's easier and faster to just put it away.

I look forward to seeing how you organize your space. My room is only 10 x 13 foot room. Which is actually a pretty good size. And, I don't have to share it with anyone! I am so fortunate. It really only has 2 walls with which to display things. And, I've had to get creative with that. Because one has an Ikea shelving unit on it and i use the other for my design wall and storage under it. My closet, which is a double closet holds 2 dressers with my stash and batting, stabilizers and embroidery supplies. One dresser holds my scraps and the others holds the rest. The window wall holds a small built in underneath and the same wall which has a 1/2 wall holds a small hanging TV. Underneath the TV is another Ikea closet that holds Quilting misc. stuff. I would eventually like it to just hold finished quilts. I'll get there. Still in the process of dealing with scraps and UFO's which are taking up space in there right now. I don't have any over flow. My room now house everything in one room.

I did a huge clean out right before Christmas and donated a ton of stuff including about 20 tall kitchen bags of fabric. Amongst other craft items also. (I couldn't afford to mail to anyone.) My favorite thrift store is hospice run. So, didn't mind donating. I just had tooooo much. It was paralyzing to me. I was so overwhelmed with stuff.

My sewing room houses all my craft items. Needlework, Knitting, Painting, and sewing, and dolls and doll crafting supplies. So, I downsized in every craft so that I could actually fit in my room with all my stuff. lol

I'll have to figure out how to upload photos. Photos are so much fun.