View Single Post
Old 01-01-2023, 08:57 PM
Judith1005

I think all of you are such an inspiration. I gave up on managing my excess of fabric. I was part of the moratorium a few years ago. I was so overwhelmed with all I had that i was just paralyzed by it. I dropped off the Quiltboard and did very very little quilting. This year, 2023 I will start with a much pared down stash. I donated probably 20 bags of fabric, kits and craft supplies right before Christmas to our local hospice run thrift store. They were thrilled to receive it and i feel as I have lost a tremendous weight off my shoulders and can breath again. Without having a panic attack. I know I'll probably miss some of it. But, so far, not a bit. Now, what I did keep is just enough to play with for a long time.

My scraps are coveted for now. I did donate a few scrap bins that I knew I would never touch. But, the one's I kept I will enjoy using for any and all the small projects I can think of. I have finally figured out what I enjoy quilting and sewing now. I have plenty of bed size quilts. Probably way more than I need. I really enjoy quilting mini. So, that's the avenue i will continue down. I'm sure a bed size one will crop up from time to time and, I have enough for that also. My stash is manageable finally.

I will be following you. And cheering you on. You all quilt for so many wonderful charities, family and friends. They are so blessed to have you.

And, I hope I will continue to follow your inspiration in NOT adding to all the excess again. I just have to keep reminding myself that the stores will have what I need when I need it and let them be the curators of the collections.

Last edited by Judith1005; 01-01-2023 at 09:13 PM.