View Single Post
Old 01-01-2023, 10:35 PM
Gemm

Originally Posted by Judith1005 View Post

Now, all that being shared.....I am overwhelmed with my list of UFO's. I am going to pick just one today. It is my oldest, started in 2011. It just needs borders added. But, I am going to piece them. Working out the math will take me forever. That's only one of the reasons it stalled. lol, It is always a possibility that I can streamline the border if it doesn't work out. I truly want to finish this one. I loved every minute of participating in the sew along.

I have been away from the board for several years and have very much missed you all. I've enjoyed looking back and seeing all your finishes and have applauded your dedication to each project at hand.
Glad you've got a plan for your UFO's, Judith1005! I've been thinking about borders recently, too, and stumbled across this blog that I found helpful in coming up with new ideas and plans for how to approach them. I'm still pretty new to quilting and am learning so much about good quilting techniques with each project I work on so found going back to basics like this blog does helpful. I'm not sure how "pro" you are so this might be too simple, but maybe it will help you.

https://madamsew.com/blogs/sewing-bl...ers-for-quilts

Good luck!