View Single Post
Old 01-02-2023, 09:28 AM
rryder

I'm in. My quilting yardage stash which also includes scraps that are at least fat quarter sized is about the same size as it was last year, which is good. That part of the stash gets shopped quite often because it holds mainly fabrics that can be used in a variety of quilts. I replenish things that I'm running low on such as blenders, but it all has to fit in the two plastic 3 drawer units that I got from Target several years ago. Where I've got a problem is - inherited home dec fabric from my grandmother's house- she had really good taste and I've used some of it in art quilts etc but there are 5 large rolls of it that I need to either use or part with as there is no way to store them easily. Also I haven't been as good at using up my smaller scraps and my drawer units where I keep pieces that are smaller than a fat quarter have gotten rather full over the past year. So my goal for this year is to continue only adding fabric as needed to replenish frequently used fabrics such as blenders, to try to reduce my small scrap inventory, and to either plan projects for Grandma's home dec fabrics, or pass them on to someone else who will use them. That should keep me busy and away from impulse fabric purchases for most of 2023.

PS WMU Teach- I'm glad your hand is feeling better! LOL

Rob