View Single Post
Old 01-02-2023, 05:22 PM
Gemm

So much positive energy, goal-setting, and great ideas already!

Originally Posted by rryder View Post
Where I've got a problem is - inherited home dec fabric from my grandmother's house- she had really good taste and I've used some of it in art quilts etc but there are 5 large rolls of it that I need to either use or part with as there is no way to store them easily... either plan projects for Grandma's home dec fabrics, or pass them on to someone else who will use them.
Rryder - Something to consider for those fabrics is reach out to a local amateur dramatic society or high school - I used to do costuming for shows at our school and some of those decorator/upholstery fabrics work really well for period or imaginative costumes where a bit more heft or structure could be helpful.

Originally Posted by Sync View Post
I spent some time yesterday folding some of my neutral yardage and have come to the conclusion that along with my neutral FQs I should be okay with NOT needing to buy any more neutral fabrics! ......
Sync - thank you for this picture! I struggle with defining "neutral" and tend to put anything that has even a hint of colour in it in my colour bins. Seeing what you've got has made me think that perhaps I could broaden my definition a bit and move some fabric into new categories that might see it used up more quickly.

Originally Posted by Belfrybat View Post
I was wandering around a couple of days ago with a pile of neatly folded fabrics trying to figure out when to put them. I've started reducing the stash by finishing a mystery quilt from stash and have two more in the works. Progress baby steps at a time.
Belfrybat - I'm glad I'm not the only one who carries fabric around with her wondering where to hide it! Also glad to have company in making baby steps in stash-reduction. I finished the double-sided blue gift bag today - the HSTs were part of a thrift store find (I have a box full of a variety of little units like this) and I have been trying to use them up in these little projects. This is one of the "helping to use up someone else's stash" moments. :-D As you can see, there are a few units left, but I just don't see them going anywhere but a crumb bag at this point. I can't claim to be reducing the amount of yardage in my stash, but "inch-age" still counts in my books!

Originally Posted by Julienm1 View Post
I haven't bought fab for a long time but my problems is the free table/closet at Project Llnus.Coordinator loves to taunt me with new donations or she will say Julie, look...these go so well together and then drops everything by my sewing machine! I've made kits, lots of kits, with donation fab. I'm using it but "take home fab" is winning the battle against "already here" fab.
Julie - this issue is part of the reason why I haven't joined a guild... I understand such tables can be found there, too, and I fear my willpower could not stand up to the pressure!

Thanks for all of the shares/comments - you've got me fired up at the beginning of 2023!
Attached Thumbnails img_7947.jpg   img_7949.jpg