Old 01-04-2023, 04:09 PM
Quossum

Hello, everyone! *waves*

I’m Quossum; you might have seen me around here and there, mostly in the Merry Mayhem and UFO threads. I’ve been wanting to get more involved, share my stash, and give myself incentive for new projects now that I’ve whittled down my UFO pile quite a bit. (It’s not GONE by any measure, but…progress has been made!) I started exploring the swaps section, and the idea of “birthday candy” and the pictures of quilts I’ve seen in your threads just totally tickled my scrappy-quilt-loving fancy!

Though I’m new to this group, I’ve been in quilt-block-swaps before, so I know what it takes, and I’m also involved in another hobby that involves trading items via the mail, so I know what it takes from that aspect, too! (Pathtag trading, if you’re curious. Watch out, they’re addictive!)

Just a teensy bit about myself:

I’m 53, married, no kids, four dogs (two Standard Poodles, two Pembroke Welsh Corgis). I’m a middle school teacher hangin’ in there ‘til retirement. Besides quilting, I enjoying running, reading, writing, playing Pokemon Go, and collecting Pathtags. My husband and I are very involved with the sport of dog Agility, and we spend most weekends at shows. If any of you are on Instagram, my username there is the same as here: Quossum. I post sporadically, mostly about the dogs and running.

You-all seem like such a kind and welcoming group; I can’t wait to get to know you, and I appreciate you welcoming me into the fold. I’ve subscribed to the thread!