View Single Post
Old 01-06-2023, 10:09 AM
Peckish

Okay you're not taking about quilting it; you've specifically said you're sewing rows together and attaching borders, and I see that you have an Innova longarm listed in your signature. So obviously pulling and shoving a quilt sandwich isn't what you're talking about.

So, brainstorming:
  • Is there another room in your house where you can permanently move your DSM? An unused bedroom that would have enough space for this activity? You don't HAVE to have both your DSM and your longarm in the same room (although it would be nice). Or maybe temporarily use the dining room when you are assembling rows and attaching borders, you might be able to get that done in one day and have the use of the table by dinnertime?
  • Can you use space in your church or at a friend's house? My quilt buddies meet once a month in a friend's metal barn/shop for an all-day sew day, there would be plenty of space for this activity in her shop.
  • You could always tell people no, you can't make king or queen sized quilts anymore.
  • Maybe it's time to clean out the basement. My husband complains that there is no room in the garage for his woodworking projects and other things he wants to do. But there is a ton of crap out there that he refuses to get rid of - a motorcycle that hasn't been licensed in over 10 years, a jetski that nobody will ride, boxes of old hunting clothes that no longer fit him, etc. I told him if he got rid of stuff we no longer use or need, he would have plenty of room but somehow he's emotionally attached to all of it. Sigh. Anyway - is there stuff in your basement that hasn't been touched or used in the last 5 years, and no one would miss it if it went away?
You seem focused mostly on the "how" but I honestly think you would be happier if you simply had more space.