View Single Post
Old 01-06-2023, 05:44 PM
sewingpup

Ahhh! Ok, I get the picture, everything in one room. Umm...my nephew says I don't have a house, I have a sewing studio that I happen to live in. The APQS Lucey lives in her own room in the basement. The living room holds the main sewing machine in the big sewing cabinet. The little travel Bernina lives on a sturdy card table in the front bedroom. Most of the fabric, some thread, some embroidery designs also live in this room. The cabinets that used to hold books on either side of the fireplace now hold some books, but two shelves have been cleared to hold all my long arm thread. The rest of the fabric stash and my roll batting live up in the second floor. Sounds complicated but it works as I bring my stuff for piecing to the sit down machine, when top is finished I cut the batting and get the thread and head on down to the longarm. There is a small cutting area where the sit down machines are but the backing for the quilt and any large amount of yardage is cut on the table on bedrisers also down in the basement. The quilted is also trimmed on this table prior to bringing it back upstairs for binding on the sit down. Most of the cutting supplies are on the main floor but I do keep a few rulers, rotary cutter, scissors, and marking pens in the basement also.