View Single Post
Old 01-07-2023, 06:45 AM
Snooze2978

When I bought this house, the basement that's is separated into 2 rooms I thought would be large enough for my sewing. Since my last sewing room was only 10x18 and I seemed to manage it but that's before I started enlarging things like my cutting table went from 3-x to 4 x 8 and my quilt system went from 10ft frame/18" machine to 12ft frame and 26" machine. I've downsized as much as I could. I've stashed as much as I can under the quilt frame. I've given away totes full of fleece, lace, ribbons, rulers, thread,etc. I've stopped buying fabric since Nov 2018 until I can get that under control. I've even given away 7 large brown paper bags full of fabrics.

I've tried to keep my sewing down in the basement so the rest of the house is used as it should be......a house. As it is, I've had to move the yarn and knitting machine upstairs into the Library (middle bedroom). So I think I'm stuck with what I have and the way I've been doing it but I thank you all for your suggestions on how you do things. My older sister is so afraid I'll die before her and she'll have to deal with my sewing room getting rid of it all. I told her to just put an ad in the paper stating Quilter's Delight, fabric......$1/yd, thread $1/spool and whatever price you want to put on the rest. I'm sure she wouldn't have any problem getting rid of the majority of it. I'll be dead and buried so I won't care what she does with it. My only concern is that I will be able to finish all my quilts before I croak.