View Single Post
Old 01-13-2023, 06:30 PM
Quossum

Yay, a new UFO thread! Just what I needed!

I made a big push in 2020 to categorize and get a lot of UFO’s done, but I really fell off the quilting wagon in 2021 and 2022, dealing with some health issues and life changes.

Now I’m back to feeling like my ol’ quilting self, and there are still six big projects that need to be completed before I let myself tackle the list I call the “Gleams in My Eyes,” or projects that I’ve purchased fabrics or kits for with only vague ideas in mind of eventual completion. *That* list contains an obscene number of “someday” projects best not mentioned yet!

Five of my goal projects for this year are “old” UFO’s from that list I made for 2020…and one is the Merry Mayhem 2023 New Year’s Day Mystery! Did I “need” to add a new quilt to the UFO list? No. But did I NEED a fun and easy project to stretch my quilting muscles back into full strength? Yes! Yes, I did! And hey, the top is done, the binding is made. It’s already moving right along!

I love doing write-ups about the quilts I finish. I hope I’ll have several to contribute to the thread this year!