View Single Post
Old 01-15-2023, 05:11 AM
Snooze2978

I'm happy to say I finished the next to the last UFO....Trail Mix from Quilted Twins website. Used all from the stash in purples, yellows and whites. 220 little 6.5 unfinished blocks containing from 4 to 23 little pieces to them. It came out to 97 x 102 and the binding which is already made up using the piping method. Must have been crazy when I saw that online but wanted to challenge myself. All the UFOs I've finished up to "to be quilted" stage are hanging up with the other 8 quilt tops waiting since 2019 or longer. I have no more UFOs sitting on the floor in containers but I do have 1 more in block stage but have pushed it to the store room as my pole for quilting is plumb full. Now back to the quilting part of it. It just feels great to have nothing sitting on the floor, in boxes, on top of the cutting table or on the design wall. Now, after over 5 years waiting I can finally replace my design wall with the insulation board I've had sitting out in the garage. Amazing it hasn't been damages during that time. Wish me luck on the quilting portion of this saga as I've told myself I can't even think about making or pulling fabrics for another project until I have at least 1/3 of the quilt tops quilted, bound and out of the house. All are gifts to others. Maybe some day I'll get to start my own quilt for my bed. Got the pattern, got the fabrics pulled, even embroidered the Geisha embroideries going in the on point diamonds of the French Braid.

For the quilts waiting to be quilted, yesterday I made sure I have the backings for each of them.....found them, enough batting but not yet cut to size, all bindings have been made, rolled up on TP cardboards and in a container labeled. Just need to make some quilt labels now. I feel so good, if my back didn't hurt so much from sewing I'd pat myself on the back. It's been a long time coming. Most of these quilt tops were my goals for 2019.