Old 01-16-2023, 03:40 AM
asenovkz

Exclamation Trouble/HELP Finding Parts. Vintage CLAES Heavy Duty Machines

Hello everyone! This is my first time posting on this forum and need some help understanding which parts I can order for a couple Claes machines. I understand very little about the sewing machine world as I am just getting into leathercraft.

First is from what I understand a Claes type 223 machine (can find very little info on this model). I am missing the plate that goes onto the shuttle hook assembly plus bobbins and ideally would like to replace both parts, however I am thinking that replacing the entire assembly would be the easiest option in terms of finding the parts if I can find a set. I see lots of shuttle hooks available on eBay but they are for Singers, Adlers, etc. Does anyone know if there are compatible parts out there for my machine? I have taken measurements and its wide at 26.5 mm, and length being 43.5 mm.

Next is the Claes 214 (found out its a singer 45K clone). Missing the correct needle plate and feed dog (looks like some type of custom plate, came with no feed dog). I see tons of parts available on Ebay, mostly Chinese clones. Anyone have good luck with Chinese parts in terms of fitment and quality?

Link included of eBay part I was viewing. https://www.ebay.com/itm/16363325025...3ABFBMhpeUpbdh

Any advice will be helpful and thank you in advance!!

Last edited by asenovkz; 01-16-2023 at 03:46 AM.