View Single Post
Old 01-20-2023, 07:46 AM
SewingSew

Originally Posted by nancycreates View Post
Thank you. You should definitely give it a go. The hardest part is creating the mosaic which you can do several different ways. I created mine in adobe illustrator. I have worked out a system to easily create it to have exactly 3/8" squares with a small space in between so my fabric squares cut from the die fit perfectly. If you need any help let me know and I would be happy to give you a hand.
Thank you for your offer of help. You did such a fantastic job with this quilt. Everything is so small and precise and perfect. The white back shows the quality of your work. Your description of the steps you took to create this make it sound like it was easy-peasy. I think you must be super good at this sort of thing, because the squares are tiny and your stitches are so straight.

I have a Cricut and an AccuQuilt Go Big and a Go Me. I didn't know much about a Sissix until I read your post, and so I looked up a Sissix and the die you used. The Sissix reminds me of my Go Me. The trellis die is very cool. I like how the trellis looks when it is applied to greeting cards and packages. I could see how the trellis could be applied to fusible applique to make some really sweet designs with maybe flowers and vines and perhaps a butterfly. Your post really did make me think about the many possibilities.