Old 01-25-2023, 12:49 PM
JenMo

Default Maintenance Plan - is it worth it for a Juki?

Hi all,
I just recently purchased a Juki Haruka TL18 from my local quilt shop. They are offering an unlimited-service 4 yr maintenance plan for $399. It covers annual manufacturer recommended maintenance plus "anything that goes wrong with your machine." Annual service runs around $199 per year without the plan. In general, for other major purchases, we (myself and my husand) have NOT purchased extended warraties or maintenance plans, as we we are both engineers and very good at doing our own troubleshooting. (He took apart my Rocketeer and gave it a complete tuneup recently....). Finally, I know Jukis, especially the mechanical ones, have a reputation for durability and reliability.

However, we have never had a Juki before, so I am wondering if it would be worth it to buy this plan? Just wondering if you other Juki owners out there can speak to how often these guys breakdown or need professional servicing? That would help us to make our decision (we have 30 days from the date of purchase to decide)....Thanks in advance for your help :-)