Old 01-27-2023, 08:52 AM
KalamaQuilts

I've been making quilts since 1970, those traced and cut and stitched by hand because that was what we knew.
I really loved hand quilting until my hands gave out and we had pretty much zero disposable income back pre-80's.
So my early quilt out put was slow. Enter rulers and cutters and man...all of a sudden I Love to piece and enter unquilted tops

With the new love of piecing, and passion for applique (which I can't do any more either because of eye problems) I switched to small pieces and intricate applique, and made big quilts which often took a year.
But eventually I can say I do have Enough bed quilts but that doesn't alter the passion for working with fabric. So in the last 8-10 years, I've switched to twinish quilts and double sided them and quilted them myself without batting, and used them across the bottom of the bed. Dog quilt, bed runner, whatever, gives me another opportunity to see my pretties.

All that siad to say, I have enough, but... I'm still making them Probably will never make a king size again though, the bed runners are too much fun. 60X80 ish.

Today I pulled out a 1/4 finished paper piecing project I'm never going to get back to and diverted the fabric into my scrap bins and big binned the finished parts. Life is short. And I want to sew!